Vote?


So as I was driving to work this morning, I heard on the news that we were to get out and vote. Ugh, was what I thought. I even battled with the thought, what's one time that I don't vote. Frankly, I can't help but be human here. Regardless, after an hour swimming and shopping at HEB, I went to pick up mom at the center. I said, "Mom, did you know today is voting?" She had the same expression. Ugh. Yet, it was around the corner and so we stopped in to vote. Mom being handicapped was brought the ballot to the van.
So at 6:00 p.m., I'm sitting at dinner with my youngest son. He asks, "Mom, what did you do today?" I went down my list and then I said grandma and I voted. Being 6:25 p.m., dad walks in exhausted from a long day's haul. My youngest son says what time do they close? I said 7 p.m. They both went to vote! I was so proud of them. My second son was the smartest one of us all. He did his early voting. One thing I have always said, don't complain about the government if you aren't willing to sacrifice some time to make a change by voting. Just sayin...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why can't I shake things off?

Miracles Would Abound!

Teacher Tip: Get It Together