Laughter is the Best Medicine.





Yesterday mom and I headed out to go see "Mikado" a comic opera by Gilbert and Sullivan. It was put on by a high school group. Some of my students were there. When we sat down, I realized everyone in the audience was elderly. I told mom, "We must have come on a senior night."

The grey-haired lady with the cane, on my left, would make some remarks and then mom would say something too. I was between them and the play was going on. I was rather embarrassed because of course, it's a play. I just wanted them both to listen quietly but it was funny at the same time. I asked the lady did she know anyone in the production, she said no that their director of the center had bought them tickets. Awe, I thought that was nice of her. The costumes were so beautiful.

I laughed so much. I would smother my mouth with a napkin so I wasn't so noisy. But I sure could have brought the house down with a resonating laughter since my voice tends to carry. I was disappointed because I didn't have my cell phone so I have no pictures. Wish I had taken a few. I was so glad we went.

Laughter is the best medicine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why can't I shake things off?

Miracles Would Abound!

Teacher Tip: Get It Together