Stubborn Mule

Stubborn Mule

Today I acted like a stubborn mule. I have to go swimming twice a week because my right knee suffers from bursitis; plus, I also have fibromyalgia. In order to keep walking and feeling less pain, I head to the pool. I even have a medical document from my doctor that states I get to swim free at our local city natatorium.



Today when I arrived at the pool there were people on the side alotted for us with medical issues, scuba diving. They were taking lessons.

Being we were told that is the side we must use, I just walked passed them in the pool to the other end where another fellow medical swimmer was at. I asked him, "So how long have they been here?" He said, "They are going to be here till two or three o'clock. You are going to have to swim on this side.

So I did a few laps swimming the width of the pool. Then I noticed no one was swimming the last lane of the pool so I ventured to swim the length of the pool. Being I'm blind as a bat without my glasses, I swam two-thirds of the way when I got sideswiped by some divers under me. I tried my best to stay above them and I could feel them scrambling under me. I headed back to the end of the pool again but felt some pain in my ankle and back.

Then the guy tells me that I had to swim on the side where all the kids were. I told him, "No, I had a medical excuse ." Well, he goes and tells the coach and there comes the old man to tell me I had to stay at the end of the pool.

I told him that was fine and that I was sorry.

I continued swimming at the end for another twenty minutes and then BAM! I had been struck on my back with their oxygen tanks. The two divers went scrambling again underwater. They were near the wall. Why? They told me to stay on that end and I did.

Regardless, I came out the loser for being the stubborn mule that I am. I should have heeded their advice and swam with the kids. I just finish taking meds to help with the soreness. Those oxygen tanks and masks really hurt me.

Oh, well. Lesson learned. This is what I get for being a stubborn mule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why can't I shake things off?

Miracles Would Abound!

Teacher Tip: Get It Together