Language is Amazing

       

I've been watching K-dramas for over three years now. Of course, I don't speak Korean but I've come to grasp a few words here and there.

I'm now able to greet my corner store owner in Korean. Mr. Kim's face always lights up when I do. Our neighborhood is predominantly Hispanic, so to look up and see one speak a word in your language brings a smile.

Well after viewing so many dramas I've decided that my favorite Korean word is "cronica" If you read this word as though you were reading it in Spanish, that's what it sounds like. This word means "so" or "then" in Korean. 

This got me thinking how this word sounds like "chronological". So I looked it up online. The Greek word chronos, meaning “time,” gives us the root chron. 

So my question is how did the Koreans get that word? Languages are amazing. 


Oops, my geekiness is showing. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why can't I shake things off?

Miracles Would Abound!

Teacher Tip: Get It Together