Alone again?

There are moments in everyone's life that one feels alone but this feeling is rather ackward.

When I was in my teens I remember singing along to the song "All By Myself...don't wanna be".

I was a lonely child growing up because I was the only daughter born to my hardworking single mother. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would one day be surrounded by a loving family of my own.

For years it was just me and mom. Now I find myself having married with four grownup sons. Two of which now have lovely wives. One who now has given us a grandson.

I am blessed to say the least. Yet, I find myself alone again.

The boys are men now with their busy lives and hubby still works so I'm back to me and mom again in our hundred year old home. It's funny. Mom is now eighty-three and I'm fifty-five. Where did the years go?

You might say well you have your mom?

I chuckle at that thought because my mom is an energizer bunny and hits the road everyday. So the house that was full of laughter has gone quiet. It's a strange feeling.

I yearned for the days of peace and quiet and now they are here. Be careful what you wish for they say. They are right.

I'm alone again. sigh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why can't I shake things off?

Miracles Would Abound!

Teacher Tip: Get It Together